It has been great managing your own business now for a while, right? After all, why start your own business if you are not going to enjoy it?
But as you are reading this, you may be thinking “I love my business …but”.
What would follow “but”? “But, I hate doing ________.”
I know. I get it.
There are just things as business owners we don’t like doing. Things that we liken to nails on a chalkboard.
I know because I have been there. Yup – that’s right!
Even as a VA there are certain tasks I just DON’T enjoy doing. And so, you know what? I don’t do them.
I outsource those tasks I don’t enjoy doing. I delegate what I hate. And so should you.
Because you can make better use of your time doing the things you love in your business that make you money.
Because you can do the things you enjoy doing with your family.
Because you can take much-needed time off.
Because you can have more work/life balance.
I think you get the idea!
If you were to consider offloading some tasks from your business, I would recommend five tasks for you to delegate that would allow you more time in your day.
- Administrative Tasks – this seems like the obvious one in the room. Yet, there are so many business owners who still choose to weigh themselves down with the day-to-day administrative stuff that they can’s stand doing – go on hand that stuff off to someone who enjoys doing it and who is really good at it! Successful business owners know how to delegate.
- Social Media – Ok I get it. You love Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. You love posting about all the stuff that is going on in your day-to-day life, but are you good at social media? Are you able to develop a following on your business page? Do you have a business page?
- Graphic Design– Have you seen some of the graphics people post online? Maybe they have a nice write-up, and then this blurry picture they have slapped together with the post. Let’s face it, and be honest, do you think that will grab your customer’s attention? Well, maybe it will, but likely for all the wrong reasons.
- Blogging – Now, not everyone is cut out for writing. But that’s ok. There are some of us who are. And not everyone enjoys it, but it is an important part of organically reaching your ideal clients. If you don’t enjoy it, or you are not particularly good at it, that will come across in your blogs (if you have one yet). But, if you have a fantastically written blog, with great graphics, what better way to win over your audience and turn your readers into customers!
- Newsletters – Now, not everyone needs one of these. I would suggest however, they are a fantastic way to keep your current clients updated on all that your company is doing. Whether it’s quarterly (seasonal) or monthly, it’s a great way to tell the story of your business. It’s a great way to remind them of services they may not yet be using or let them know about specials coming up. It’s a great way to engage.
So, if you are running the show, and I mean the WHOLE show, maybe it’s time for you to consider what things you can hand off so that you can really focus on the work that makes your business really shine.